Hola

This is our family's month long blog for our trip in Sayulita, Mexico. A small surf town 35 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Life is good! I really am enjoying having nothing to do, except for what I want to do. I do yoga every other day at a palapa that sits high on the hill and overlooks town and the ocean. I am not turning into a yogi but I have realized that I am one tense, tight body. After four classes, today I finally was able to relax, feel and be aware of my body.

Pooping has become an issue. Every time we get somewhere, like the beach, one of the kids has to poop and usually Ozzy runs them back home. Luckily it is close. Public bathrooms just aren't the norm around here. So yesterday Alex, Trace and I packed up for the beach with the intention to go to the doctor on the way. I am carrying a boogie board, sand toys and a large bag of towels, etc. We are siting in the doctors office and guess what? Trace has to poop. So we walk back home to poop. Once again, luckily it was close. We walk back to the doctor and now there is a line. So, instead we went to the beach. So, when Trace's foot falls off because of a spider bite I will tell him that it was his butts fault. We finally get to the beach and they are so tired from all the walking that we just lay on the towel and hang out which was nice.

Every morning when Alex and Trace wake up they either hang out together in her cot and talk or they both come into our bed. Alex mentioned this morning that she loves it when we are all in bed together. Trace keeps telling me that he doesn't want me to go to work. Good thing I don't have to, for a little while at least.

We went to the farmers market today. Summer, our host, helps put it on. Loved it!! I think I knew more people there than I do at the one in PC. Now, Alex and Trace are having another playdate. We are avoiding the beach today and staying high. Check out their friends on the pic of the day. They all get along so well and have lots of fun. I think they have more friends here than they do at home.

Huge weekend. Dinner tonight a a friends house, and Saturday and Sunday is the longboard surfing competition. They have set up a huge stage for a concert on the beach. This is a big deal. Surfers come from all over the world for this competition.

Dillon is doing awesome.

Thank you Anita and Shane for taking such good care of him and loving him as your own. And to Michael for taking him on a hike. I swear he is not going to want to come home. Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment