Hola

This is our family's month long blog for our trip in Sayulita, Mexico. A small surf town 35 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta.

Monday, April 4, 2011

? :(

I have been home for a week and unfortunately getting back into the groove of my life as I knew it. I was depressed and not quite sure of what to do with myself the first week home. The only thing of real importance to me was to make sure I made it to work, which I did. I feel the pull of life gradually creeping back into me. Life meaning, I need to do this, we need to figure out this, I need to swap my schedule or pick up trips. The word "need" comes up a lot, but do I really "need" to do all this to make me content and happy. I was pretty content and happy in Mexico and I didn't need anything except food, water and my family. Yes, we were on a sort of vacation but it made me realize that we think we need to do this or that or have this or that when in all honesty we, or "I" don't. I was happy without all the clutter, news, stuff, noise. It was wonderful to just be present while we were there. "Present", because isn't the present really all we have?

I miss it, a lot, and I don't want to loose what I learned and how I felt when I was there. Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment